I had a great week this week! We saw so many miracles. We saw 10 on Saturday alone, and at least 4-5 on Monday night.
To give you a little background, I’ve been struggling in my faith and I’ve been discouraged because my mission has been full of dead end investigators and people who don’t want to keep commitments. I’ve also been struggling with exact obedience and personal sacrifice and I’ve been super stressed and awful feeling. But through some pep talks and some Holy Ghost guided personal study, I learned that 1. Missionary work is EASY. All you have to do is tell yourself it’s easy and it is. 2. I learned that hope comes before faith and you cannot have faith without hope. I know how to have hope and hope is easy. All I have to say is, “I have hope that person will get baptized,” or “I have hope that person will read and pray and come to church,” and then after that, it becomes faith and with faith comes miracles.
Here are some of the big miracles we experienced this week:
1. Our 10 am appointment fell through, so we felt like we needed to go talk to the neighbor fixing his car. He sounded really interested in our message and allowed us to set a return appointment for next Saturday.
2. Another appointment fell through and we felt we needed to visit a less active whose husband just died. We walked in the door and the first thing she said to us was that she had someone who wanted to come to church with her. We have an appointment with this referral today and she’s been so anxious for our appointment she’s called us 3 times to confirm we got the text with her address
3. I felt prompted to forgo our backups after another appointment cancelled to go and see a member in a neighboring section of our area. I could think of no reason to go, but we went anyway, parking a little ways down from the member’s house. Right when we get out of our car, a black guy flags us down and we had an incredible conversation with him. He was telling us all his beliefs and most of them were doctrinally on point. I felt we needed to give him a Book of Mormon, and there was one English BOM in our trunk just for him. I knew that was why we were prompted to go see that member and I have no doubt that he’s going to get baptized at some point.
4. We felt prompted to go visit a former that Hermana Jackson and I had tried by a million times and they had never been home. This time, they were home and we got an updated phone number, met one of the teenagers, and set a return appointment for today!
5. I felt prompted to pull over and knock a house that Hermana Jackson and I had been driving past for 12 weeks. Up until this point, I had felt absolutely nothing. We knocked this time, and a lady opened the door. We were able to have a doorstep lesson, set a return appointment and count her as a new!
6. We decided to go and find a less active that had an unbaptized child, but when we got there, we realized we had already found them and are teaching them! They were just listed under a different name! We decided to go visit someone else and on our way out of the neighborhood, I saw a lady walking down the street with a baby in a stroller and I felt we needed to pull over and talk to her. I didn’t hesitate and we ran over there, telling her we felt we needed to come talk to her but didn’t know why. We shared a bit about our message and eternal families and the plan of salvation. She said it was interesting that we stopped to tell her about this because she had just gotten back with her husband and she was interested in having us come back and teach her family more! We have a return appointment tomorrow!
7. Sunday night we felt we needed to go see a less active and when we got there, she wasn’t home. We felt prompted to call her, so we did and come to find out she had almost just gotten into an accident on a busy road. She said that she and her daughter were really scared and that she was about to do something she was going to regret. We asked her if she needed a scripture; she said yes. We gave her one and asked if she felt better. She responded affirmative but asked for another one. We gave it to her. She felt even better. Then we offered to read a chapter to her and her daughter. She said they would like that and we read 1st Nephi 3 and afterword she said her and Myrka were calm and could think straight. They said they knew that God told us to call them at just the right moment when they needed us.
We’ve had several experiences like this all weekend long. They have been absolutely incredible and I have felt my faith skyrocket and I’m so excited to get out to work because of it.